Financial Assistance Is Available
To Attend 2017 Atlanta Conference
In 2006, a generous bequest from Aldene Barrington allowed Travelers Aid International to establish the Barrington Scholarship Program to financially assist member agencies to send a representative to the TAI Annual Conference, which could not otherwise be able to do so.
We are again pleased to offer Barrington Scholarships for the 2017 Annual Conference June 5-7 in Atlanta. The scholarships are available on a first-come, first-serve basis until annual allotment has been filled. Only one scholarship per member organization, please.
Main Attendee Scholarship:
For a member agency, Travelers Aid International will WAIVE the registration fee of the primary attendee ($225) and reimburse up to two (2) nights of hotel room costs.*
Second Attendee Scholarship:
If a member agency sends a second attendee to the Travelers Aid conference, Travelers Aid International will WAIVE the registration fee ($200); reimburse up to two (2) nights of hotel room costs and reimburse up to $250 in transportation costs for the second attendee.
Airport-only Member Scholarship:
Airport-only members are eligible for a $100 scholarship toward the cost of registration.
- Each member agency is limited to one scholarship.
- Hotel: Hotel reimbursement will be limited to the cost of the room and tax at the special room block rate of $159.00 per night. In room movies, room service, etc. will be the responsibility of the attendee.
- Airfare: Travelers Aid International will only reimburse the cost of a coach class airfare. Travel purchased with reward program points/credits are not be eligible for the $250 reimbursement.
- Travel by other than airplane: The $250 travel stipend will be reimbursed on a rail ticket purchase or, if traveling by car, reimbursed at the standard published IRS mileage rate from city of origin.
- Second Attendee Scholarship: This scholarship does not apply to spouse/partner/guest attendees.
- Reimbursement policy: In compliance with our auditing standards, Travelers Aid International will reimburse expenses upon submission of receipts.