The Travelers Aid International mission is to aid people in transit who are in distress, through our direct services and through services provided by our member organizations.
We exist to ensure that people in transit receive assistance when and where it is needed in communities and travel hubs. The basic need has been ever present, but in our growing country and ever changing economy, the ways to meet the need have changed.
The Travelers Aid mission and vision have remained constant over the past century. Our goals have always been to:
- Provide a nationwide continuum of services, connected across communities, from crisis intervention through transitional services, that provides opportunities for individuals and families to achieve their highest possible level of self-sufficiency.
- Increase the operational effectiveness of community-based human services organizations, resulting in improved measurable outcomes.
- Support the development of integrated support systems that successfully connect individuals and families in transition to their communities.
- Convert the front-line experience of local agencies with emerging needs into effective advocacy for system change at all levels of society.
- Build a public voice for disconnected people, to advance the rights and responsibilities of individuals and families in transition.