The Purposes of this movement are:
- Provide a nationwide continuum of services, connected across communities, from crisis intervention through transitional services, that provides opportunities for individuals and families to achieve their highest possible level of self-sufficiency.
- Increase the operational effectiveness of community-based human services organizations, resulting in improved measurable outcomes.
- Support the development of integrated support systems that successfully connect individuals and families in transition to their communities.
- Convert the front-line experience of local agencies with emerging needs into effective advocacy for system change at all levels of society.
- Build a public voice for disconnected people, to advance the rights and responsibilities of individuals and families in transition.