2023 Travelers Aid International Annual Conference
Barrington Scholarship Application
We are pleased to offer Barrington Scholarships for the 2023 Travelers Aid International Conference, set for September 27-29 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. These scholarships are made possible by a generous bequest from Aldene Barrington in 2006 that allows TAI to financially assist member agencies in sending a representative to the annual conference, an individual who otherwise might not be able to attend.
Scholarships are available on a first-come, first-served basis until the annual allotment has been filled.
How it Works
Interested candidates will submit the completed application form online and can expect to receive a response in 3-5 days. When making a submission, please describe your interest in attending the TAI conference and why you believe you would benefit from participating.
Please note: Applicants should inform their supervisor and/or agency contact of their interest before applying, as each agency will receive a maximum of two scholarships in any given calendar year.
Travel 0 – 500 Miles: $800 total reimbursement eligibility
Travel 501 – 1,000 Miles: $1,000 total reimbursement eligibility
Travel > 1,000 Miles: $1,200 total reimbursement eligibility
*Award is provided as a reimbursement for costs incurred
The Fine Print:
- Each member agency is limited to a maximum of two scholarships in a 12-month period.
- Hotel: Hotel reimbursement will be limited to the cost of the room at the special room block rate, including taxes and fees. Any additional charges incurred, such as room service, mini-bar charges, in-room entertainment, and dry cleaning, will be the sole responsibility of the attendee or sponsoring agency and are not eligible for reimbursement.
- Airfare: Travelers Aid International will only reimburse the cost of an economy or basic economy class airfare. Travel purchased with reward program points or airline credits are not eligible for reimbursement.
- Travel by Other Than Airplane: Up to a $350 stipend will be reimbursed on a rail or bus ticket purchase or, if traveling by car, reimbursement is calculated at the standard published IRS mileage rate from the city of origin.
- Second Attendee Scholarship: This scholarship does not apply to spouses, partners, or guest attendees; only member agency representatives are eligible for consideration.
- Reimbursement Policy: In compliance with our auditing standards, Travelers Aid International will reimburse expenses only upon submission of receipts.
2023 Scholarship Form
Please compete the fields below.
"*" indicates required fields