Travelers Aid International is an international network of 26 social service agencies, 17 airports, seven train stations and six direct service programs, dedicated to assisting those in need. We help people from all walks of life in a variety of ways; each request for assistance is unique. Through both dedicated volunteers and professional staff, the help we offer is unbiased, providing to the best of our ability directions, information, referrals and transportation assistance.
Since the mid-1800s, Travelers Aid organizations have been there when the unexpected happens. Today, our programs aid people who experience disruptions in their travel plans; we escort unaccompanied minors and seniors traversing our nation’s busy airports; we help reunite family members; we work with people who are escaping domestic violence, and we assist those who are stranded to find a way home.
About Our Members
We have 26 members who have been chartered or merged with a local Travelers Aid organization. Some of these entities have been in existence for more than 100 years. As local organizations evolved from railroad or bus station assistance booths to caring for the homeless or others in need, some of them have adopted new names, such as Hope Atlanta, Families First Philadelphia, Community Link and Upward Transitions.
Other members have joined Travelers Aid International to take advantage of some of our member benefits, such as discounted Greyhound bus tickets, or our network of airport customer service locations. A number of locally established organizations, including the Rescue Missions, Catholic Charities and St. Vincent De Paul Society, have joined Travelers Aid International specifically to use our exclusive bus ticket program as a way to reunite stranded family members.
- Receive updates to members on issues and “best practices” via the dedicated Members Only area on this website, as well as monthly newsletters
- Gain access to an Interactive Membership Directory to facilitate peer-to-peer communication
- Take advantage of outreach and promotion of your programs on the Travelers Aid website
- Learn from an annual leadership conference featuring networking and educational opportunities
- Membership in a discount group purchasing program for office supplies, overnight mailing and conference calling
- Access to an exclusive discount program for bus transportation with Greyhound Lines
- Provide technical assistance when needed
Become a Member
- Contact TAI Membership Director Edward Powers, (202) 546-1127, Ext. 1104 • email@example.com
- Click here to access Travelers Aid’s Membership Registration Form online