Join TAI and belong to a strong, collaborative network of professionals who understand the challenges your organization is facing. TAI members are passionate leaders in the non-profit sector with expertise in aiding stranded and distressed travelers and a spectrum of social services. Membership provides access to TAI’s expertise in volunteer management, homelessness prevention, methods to eliminate food insecurity, enhancing the customer experience, and financial assistance for stranded and distressed travelers is available to Affiliate and Partner members.
Our most recent level of membership, Affiliate benefits include:
- TAI assistance with up to five clients a year
- Virtual learning events
- Networking opportunities
- Eligibility for a travel reimbursement scholarship to TAI Annual Conference.
Our new Partner Membership level offers a fee scaled to agency size. Partner-level benefits include Affiliate
- Client support on a case-by-case basis
- Opportunity to nominate a candidate for the TAI Board of Directors
- Eligible for 0% interest micro loans
- Annual Spotlight in TAI’s monthly Journeys newsletter.
Created to provide opportunities for corporate social responsibility partnerships, the Advocate Membership is ideal for foundations, local governments, and organizations supporting:
- Domestic violence prevention
- Victims’ services
- Anti-human trafficking
- National hotlines
- Volunteer programs
This level also offers:
- Logo placement on TAI website for five years
- Highlighted recognition in TAI newsletter
- Opportunities to collaborate on educational and marketing efforts, and in-person events.
The Travelers Aid movement is more than 150 years old, with a rich and diverse history that includes organizations previously part of the Travelers Aid Societies. We value the successes of our work together and want to stay connected with you. To honor our past, we invite you to rejoin our network as a Legacy Member. No cost is associated with this level, and benefits include:
- Recognition on our Members page
- Updates about your organization in the TAI newsletter.
Travelers Aid International is an international network of 26 social service agencies, 17 airports, seven train stations, and seven direct service programs, dedicated to assisting those in need. We help people from all walks of life in a variety of ways; each request for assistance is unique. Through both dedicated volunteers and professional staff, the help we offer is unbiased, providing to the best of our ability directions, information, referrals, and transportation assistance.
Since the mid-1800s, Travelers Aid organizations have been there when the unexpected happens. Today, our programs aid people who experience disruptions in their travel plans; we escort unaccompanied minors and seniors traversing our nation’s busy airports; we help reunite family members; we work with people who are escaping domestic violence, and we assist those who are stranded to find a way home.
About Our Members
We have 26 members who have been chartered or merged with a local Travelers Aid organization. Some of these entities have been in existence for more than 100 years. As local organizations evolved from railroad or bus station assistance booths to caring for the homeless or others in need, some of them have adopted new names, such as Hope Atlanta, Families Forward Philadelphia, Community Link and Upward Transitions.
Other members have joined Travelers Aid International to take advantage of some of our member benefits, such as discounted Greyhound bus tickets, or our network of airport customer service locations. A number of locally established organizations, including the Rescue Missions, Catholic Charities, and St. Vincent De Paul Society, have joined Travelers Aid International specifically to use our exclusive bus ticket program as a way to reunite stranded family members.
- Receive updates to members on issues and “best practices” via the dedicated Members Only area on this website, as well as monthly newsletters
- Gain access to an Interactive Membership Directory to facilitate peer-to-peer communication
- Take advantage of outreach and promotion of your programs on the Travelers Aid website
- Learn from an annual leadership conference featuring networking and educational opportunities
- Membership in a discount group purchasing program for office supplies, overnight mailing, and conference calls
- Access to an exclusive discount program for bus transportation with Greyhound Lines
- Receive technical assistance when needed.
- Contact Peter Lauten, Director of Partnerships at:
- To begin, please fill out the form below.